You are here:
in your country...
Group Communication and Marketing
publicrelationsmail displayamagmail displayat
Tel.: +43 7722 801 2205
• AMAG acquires the remaining 30 percent stake in the German
company Aircraft Philipp (ACP) at the turn of the year
• ACP is renamed “AMAG components”
• AMAG expands value creation through the...
• Partnership agreement concluded for seven years
• AMAG and B&C invest in the further expansion of aluminium research in Austria
• Support for training top researchers
• Revenue significantly increased to EUR 923.8 million due to both higher shipment volumes and attractive aluminium price (Q1-Q3/2020: EUR 673.2 million)
• EBITDA of EUR 146.5 million clearly above...
• AMAG is “Effective Sustainability Communicator 2021”
• AMAG convinces with transparent and holistic sustainability reporting
• Ceremonial handover of the award at the annual conference of the...
• Early contract renewal by another 4 years
• Chief Sales Officer since June 2019
• Core tasks: Strategic development of existing and new markets,optimization of product portfolio
• AMAG is committed to Austria's climate goals and climate-neutral production in 2040
• Increased recycling, energy efficiency and the replacement of fossil fuels are the key to achieving corporate...
AMAG Austria Metall AG reporting record earnings in H1/2021
• AMAG emerged well prepared from the crisis and exploited the positive demand trend to increase shipment volumes across all divisions
• First ASI-certified aluminium from AMAG used in Audi A6 Avant
• First order for AMAG outer body sheets for the Audi A6 model series
• AMAG and Audi are once again taking a collective step towards...
AMAG Austria Metall AG reports positive earnings development in Q1 2021
• Production waste generated at the Audi plant is re-processed into high-quality semi-finished aluminium products
• Closed material cycle saves energy and resources
• Ecological win-win situation...
The 2020 financial year of AMAG Austria Metall AG
• AMAG awarded Gold medal sustainability rating by EcoVadis
• AMAG ranks among the top 2% in the industry
• Experts highlight especially strong performance in environmental protection, labor rights...
• AMAG is investing in a 55,000 m² photovoltaic system on the roofs of the new plant
• Commissioning is scheduled for the second half of 2021
• The project will contribute to climate protection and...
AMAG Austria Metall AG reports Q1-Q3/2020 EBITDA of EUR 79.8 million
• Certification against ASI Chain of Custody Standard broadens AMAG’s sustainability efforts towards including the supply chain
• AMAG ready to offer certified aluminium to customers as another...
AMAG Austria Metall AG: Solid H1 in difficult environment
The AMAG management board joined Herbert Ortner, Chair of the AMAG Austria Metall AG supervisory board to open AMAG’s new materials research and testing center, the “Center for Material Innovation”...
· First European aluminium manufacturer to be awarded JIS certification (Japanese Industrial Standards)
· Expansion of our product portfolio for the Japanese market
AMAG Austria Metall AG reports earnings growth in Q1 2020
Demand depressed by corona crisis: AMAG introduces shorttime working from 1.4.2020
AMAG nominated for Energy Globe Award Upper Austria for sustainable rainwater management
AMAG reports higher operating earnings and record cash flow trend in FY 2019
At the Airbus Material & Parts Supplier Day held in January 2020 in Toulouse, France, AMAG received the “Accredited Supplier” award from European aircraft manufacturer Airbus, the highest of four...
AMAG Austria Metall AG reports Q1-Q3/2019 EBITDA of EUR 109.2 million
Japanese Marubeni delegation pays a visit to Austria and initial orders secured in Japan and Mexico.
• Employee of a contractor fatally injured by serious accident at work
• Crisis intervention team looks after affected colleagues
• No danger to neighbors or the environment
• Consternation and...
AMAG Austria Metall AG in H1 2019: Growth in shipments; lower aluminium price affects earnings
At July 8, 2019 an agreement for the cooperation in commercialisation of AMAG rolled products in the global automotive industry was signed in Tokyo.
To support AMAG's growth course, the Supervisory Board decided in November 2018 to fill the position of Chief Sales Officer (CSO). As of June 3, 2019, Victor Breguncci, MBA (44, born in Brazil) now...
Global demand for primary aluminium and aluminium rolled products continued to grow in the first quarter of 2019. The market environment, however, was characterised by unfavourable price trends for...
Changes to the Supervisory Board of AMAG Austria Metall AG
AMAG Austria Metall AG continued successfully on its growth track in the 2018 financial year. Supported by rising demand for aluminium products combined with good progress in the ramp-up of the new...
The nominations committee of the listed company AMAG Austria Metall AG (“AMAG”, ISIN AT00000AMAG3) has been working intensively on the future composition of the AMAG Management Board and Supervisory...
On Monday, February 11, 2019, AMAG's newly constructed cladding station was officially commissioned. The facility forms part of the "AMAG 2020" expansion project, which – together with the new cold...
At its meeting today, the Supervisory Board of AMAG Austria Metall AG has passed a resolution to implement an early extension of the Management Board contracts of Mr. Gerald Mayer (47) and Dr. Helmut...
AMAG Austria Metall AG successfully continued to ramp up new plants and facilities in its Rolling Division. This volume growth in the Rolling Division largely offset planned reductions in shipments in...
In September 2018, AMAG became the first integrated location worldwide with a foundry and rolling mill under one roof to be certified according to the ASI Performance Standard, one of the highest...
AMAG Austria Metall AG reports solid results in volatile market environment
On June 14, 2018, the newspaper Oberösterreichische Nachrichten (OÖN) and its partners awarded the Pegasus, Upper Austria’s most prestigious business award, for the 25th time. The winning companies...
In its meeting on June 13, 2018 the AMAG Austria Metall AG Supervisory Board reached a decision to renew the contract of Chief Executive Officer Helmut Wieser until December 31, 2019.
AMAG has renewed its multi-year contract with Boeing Commercial Airplanes for the supply of aluminium flat rolled products. AMAG products will be used especially for the manufacturing of the fuselage...
The market environment proved positive during the first months of 2018, despite being increasingly and significantly affected by special effects such as the still to be finalized US import tariffs on...
On March 8, 2018, the US administration imposed a 10% punitive tariff on aluminum imports to the USA. Canada and Mexico are excluded from this decision for the time being. An application process for...
AMAG Austria Metall AG continued successfully on its growth track in the 2017 financial year, achieving its best operating result historically and reaching an important milestone for further organic...
The stage was set for AMAG at the renowned "Austria's Leading Companies" (ALC) national business awards held in the "Aula der Wissenschaften" (Hall of Science) in Vienna. With its entrepreneurial...
The "Energie Star 2017" award issued by the State of Upper Austria was presented to AMAG this year. At the presentation ceremony held in the ORF Regional Studio in Linz yesterday evening, the 15th of...
AMAG Austria Metall AG continued its successful trend in the third quarter of 2017. Considerable year-on-year growth was achieved in terms of shipments, revenue and earnings in the January to...
The first half of the 2017 financial year of AMAG Austria Metall AG fully reflected the organic growth path. The total shipments of the AMAG Group increased by 4 % to 214,800 tonnes in the first half...
After commissioning a new hot rolling mill in September 2014, AMAG opened Europe's most state-of-the-art aluminium cold rolling mill in the presence of around 700 guests on June 22, 2017. By taking...
AMAG Austria Metall AG has made a successful start to 2017. AMAG Group shipments were up by 3 % in the first quarter of 2017 to reach 107,100 tonnes. Shipment volumes in the Rolling Division increased...
On April 28 2017, AMAG signed a multi-year contract with flexible packaging manufacturer, Constantia Flexibles, for, a minimum of 35,000 tonnes of aluminium coils to be delivered annually to...
The 2016 financial year was a successful one for AMAG Austria Metall AG. The company
achieved record shipments for the sixth consecutive year.
AMAG Austria Metall AG continued its positive earnings trend in the third quarter of 2016, and reported significant year-on-year earnings growth in the January to September period.
As part of the Austria-wide Community Days, which are held during the 29th Planetary Congress of the Association of Space Explorers, AMAG invited three astronauts to Ranshofen on 5 October.
AMAG successfully continued on its growth course in the first half of 2016, reporting a shipment volume of 206,300 tonnes. This record figure reflects the plant expansion and marked volume growth in...
Multiyear supply contract signed on July 15, 2016 in Toulouse. The contract includes a significant increase of business volume commencing January 2017. The contract is the largest ever signed between...
AMAG Austria Metall AG has made a good start to 2016. With revenue of EUR 227.8 million (Q1/2015: EUR 231.0 million) and earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) of EUR...
AMAG Austria Metall AG’s Supervisory Board reached a unanimous decision in its meeting on 12 April 2016 to prematurely renew the contract of Chief Executive Officer Helmut Wieser until 31 December...
Business trends at AMAG Austria Metall AG in 2015 were characterised by marked improvements in revenue and operating earnings (EBITDA).
At its meeting on November 19, 2015, the Supervisory Board of AMAG Austria Metall AG passed a unanimous resolution to implement an early extension of the Management Board contracts of Chief Financial...
AMAG Austria Metall AG reports year-on-year growth in both revenue and operating earnings (EBITDA) in the third quarter of 2015.
A project of the future is starting to become a reality: In the presence of 160 guests, the ground-breaking ceremony for the large-scale investment named “AMAG 2020” took place today in Ranshofen....
AMAG took top spot in the Award for Innovation in the large company category this year. The Award for Innovation is sponsored by the federal state of Upper Austria. The ceremony held at ORF’s regional...
AMAG Austria Metall AG reported significant growth in its key operating earnings results during the first half of 2015 compared with the previous year's first six months.
AMAG is one of Austria’s top investors - as convincingly demonstrated by this years’ Pegasus awards, the Province of Upper Austria’s most prestigious business award. CEO Helmut Wieser and his two...
AMAG Austria Metall AG has made a good start to the 2015 financial year both in relation to its current site expansion in Ranshofen, and in operational terms.
The 2014 financial year proved to be both eventful and successful for AMAG Austria Metal AG with regard to both corporate development and its operating business.
The Steirereck restaurant, the flagship among the Austrian restaurants in Vienna’s Stadtpark (City Park), was given a shiny new face in June 2014. A reflective aluminium façade made of AMAG TopBright®...
AMAG celebrated the formal opening of its new hot-rolling mill in Ranshofen on November 20, 2014. Construction of the rolling mill, which had begun in April 2012, was completed successfully and on...
The successful commencement of the start-up of the new hot-rolling mill is followed by the next milestone: AMAG will use an investment volume of over EUR 300 million for constructing a cold-rolling...
Today, September 9, 2014, AMAG successfully commissioned its new hot rolling mill in Ranshofen, thus achieving the most significant milestone in the large-scale EUR 220 million investment project on...