Aluminium Austria Metall
AMAG holds an investment in the joint venture aluminium electrolysis Aluminerie Alouette Inc., located in Sept Iles (Quebec/Canada).
Aluminium Austria Metall (Québec) Inc., a 100% subsidiary of AMAG holds a
20% interest in Aluminerie Alouette Inc.
Facts and figures
- Production total: approx. 620,000 to/year
- AMAG interest 20 %: approx. 124,000 to/year
- Partners: Rio Tinto (40%), Norsk Hydro Aluminium (20%), Investissement Québec/Marubeni (20%), AMAG (20%).
- Employees total: approx. 900
- Products:Primary aluminium in the shape of low-profile sows
- Excellent cost position
- Low CO2 emissions
- Favourable geograhic and logistics location